Running client/server Oracle on MAC's/mirrored disks.

From: McCurdy M. <mccurdy_at_bestsd.sdsu.edu>
Date: 25 Feb 1993 11:57 PST

Greetings -

A dept. on my campus is running a client Oracle application on MAC's, with a VAX 6000-320 being the Oracle server. The size of the application and concurrent users would probably be described as lower average - it is an inventory system with possibly 10 concurrent users max., usually less.

They would like to obtain a server and hardware/software that would support disk mirroring, so that they could use the redundant disk on failure of one of the disks.

I am looking at a possible Apple solution for the server system, because my perception is that it would be far easier to manage than for instance, a Sun Unix box (they have no Unix or Oracle DBA expertise).

I've heard rumors that a new server system will be available from Apple within the next two months, but I am also looking at lesser MAC systems as a possibility.

Any comments regarding the Apple server or mirrored disk config. would be appreciated. Thanks ...

Mike

Mike McCurdy			Disclaimer:
VAX Systems Management
San Diego State University		"Everything I say may be wrong."
mccurdy_at_bestsd.sdsu.edu Received on Thu Feb 25 1993 - 20:57:00 CET

Original text of this message