Re: Creating Temporary Tables with Dynamic Names

From: Chris Claborne <claborne_at_npg-sd.SanDiegoCA.NCR.COM>
Date: 25 Feb 93 05:13:46 GMT

In <1993Feb22.192345.19895_at_cbfsb.cb.att.com> gerette_at_cbnewsb.cb.att.com (marianne.g.pittorino) writes:

>I can create the table and insert into it with no problems; however, I cannot
>drop the table. I get error -56 ("DDL lock on object '%s' is already held in
>an incompatible mode") or error -58 ("timeout occurred while waiting for DDL
>lock").

I have seen this in some of my client server stuff and fix it by doing a commit before on the table to release the lock. If the process dies before I can commit then sometimes smon won't pick it up and guess what. Yeah, reboot the database server for the sga.

Let me know if this works. If not, let me know the real fix.

                                    ...  __o
                                   ..   `\<,
chris.claborne_at_sandiegoca.ncr.com  ...(*)/(*).