Re: Rollback Segments

From: Andrew Finkenstadt <andy_at_vistachrome.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1993 01:38:07 GMT

srh_at_scammell.ecos.tne.oz.au (Shane Hocking) writes:
>I am aware of the command in SQL*Plus that will make a transaction use a
>nominated rollback segment...ie SET TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK SEGMENT rb_name
>Can a similar thing be done in a PRO*C program???????
>Regards Shane

Sure!

  EXEC SQL COMMIT WORK;
  /* end the transaction just in case */   EXEC SQL SET TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK SEGMENT large_rollback_segment;   EXEC SQL INSERT INTO ... etc

--
Andrew Finkenstadt, Vista-Chrome, Inc., Homes & Land Publishing Corporation
GEnie Unix RoundTable Manager, andy_at_vistachrome.com, andy_at_genie.geis.com.