When will ORACLE fix the Fast Driver to properly exit

From: Barry A. Suskind <suskind_at_melpar.esys.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1993 13:03:59 GMT

Both on my SCO systems and my HP-UX systems when running Oracle with the fast driver, anytime a user abnormally terminates a forms or sqlplus process the shadow process is left behind and so are the shared memory segments and semaphores. This does not occur when using the pipe driver.

The obvious answer to this question would be not to use the fast driver and not have the problem.

However, I would like to know what other sites are doing to clean up these jobs and what Oracle is doing to fix the problem.

--

barry suskind 703-560-5000x2348 Just Stark Naked Magic Internet: suskind%melpar.esys.com
UUCP: uunet!melpar!suskind

--

barry suskind 703-560-5000x2348 Just Stark Naked Magic Internet: suskind_at_melpar.esys.com
UUCP: uunet!melpar!suskind

Original text of this message