Re: QUESTION: set transaction use rollback xxx

From: Roderick Manalac <rmanalac_at_oracle.COM>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1993 22:41:39 GMT

hatzinger_m_at_bmwf1f.bmwf.gv.at writes:
|> jrl1_at_kepler.unh.edu (John R Labonte) writes:
|> >
|> > I recently was told of a command "SET TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK rb_name"
|> > control the rollback segment you will use but can find nothing about
|> > it on my system. Has anyone heard of it? I'm at ORACLE version
|> > 6.0.33.2.1 and SQL*Plus: Version 3.0.9.1.2, maybe its in later
|> > versions?
|> >
|> > John Labonte
|> --
|>
|> I think you have to wait for ORACLE7 !

SET TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK SEGMENT rb_name did become available starting with Oracle V6.0.33. The usage should be documented in the online README file on your platform (actually I'm not sure all platforms ship this file online). The location of the file varies from platform to platform as well. On VMS it is in the ORA_RDBMS directory whereas on Unix it can be found under $ORACLE_HOME/ rdbms/doc.

Hope this helps.

Roderick Manalac
Oracle Corporation
[DISCLAIMER: opinions expressed are my own] Received on Sun Feb 21 1993 - 23:41:39 CET

Original text of this message