Re: Looking for SQL C++ library!!!

From: Dan Whitaker <danw_at_jacobs.CS.ORST.EDU>
Date: 18 Feb 93 07:55:56 GMT

In article <C2JKHD.1ny_at_panix.com> awerman_at_panix.com (Aaron Werman) writes:
>In <1993Feb15.221704.21869_at_news.weeg.uiowa.edu> pkoch_at_news.weeg.uiowa.edu (Peter F Koch) writes:
>
>>Looking for a SQl C++ class library for DOS/Windows and UNIX for Oracle
>>databases.
>
> The only commercial one I've seen was developed by Glockenspeil, an
> Irish company whose agent used to be Imagesoft (Port Jefferson, NY).
> It was very low level, attempting a cross between ISAM and SQL
> interface. Glockenspeil was recently bought by Computer Associates.
> I looked at it and thought it too low level.
>
> I've heard of a C++ class library called db++ is supposed to be a
> database independent C++ API. For info, email to info_at_qualix.com.

Rogue Wave Software has recently purchased the C++ API to relational databases that Glockenspeil, Imagesoft and Qualix all distribute. We are working hard to improve it and come out with a "version 2". We are very interested in any specific enhancements that people that use it ,or have looked at it, would like to suggest. Please E-mail us any suggestions that you might have.

Dan Whitaker, Rogue Wave Software

PS. We are also looking to hire people to work on that project

    Corvallis, OR is a great place to live :-). danw_at_roguewave.com for Fax it to (503) 757-6650 Received on Thu Feb 18 1993 - 08:55:56 CET

Original text of this message