Re: looking for better database system

From: Paul Raulerson <paulr_at_bts.com>
Date: 10 Feb 93 22:42:21 GMT

You also may want to look at Progress, which is a really well done database system. Runs under A/UX on the Mac, and on literraly hundreds of other platforms.

The thing I particuarly like under Progress is the very good transaction and recovery capabilities, as well as the very good portability between platoforms. (i.e.- Takes a simple recompile to port a A/UX version of a Progress Application to Dos, VMS, 386UNIX, and so forth.)

Indeed, it is well worth the $649 for A/UX to run this product, and it is no slouch in the database engine department either. (Also has no problems connecting to Oracle dbs.)