Need help creating Single-Task application

From: Eric White <white_at_titan.tsd.arlut.utexas.edu>
Date: 9 Feb 93 00:07:11 GMT

The Oracle manuals provide a paltry explanation of linking a single-task application and I'm getting very little help from Tech support.

Has anyone successfully compiled and linked a user application (not sqlplus, sqlforms, etc) with the single-task libraries and object files?

My application will compile and link fine, but won't run and exits with a 1034 error, acting like it has no idea what the _at_S: task identifier is for.

Do I need to relink the oracle executable, itself, in single-task mode? That's what one techie suggested, but our SunOS Oracle makefiles don't specify what libs/object files.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

--

==
"... big dogs landing on my face ..." -- Robin Williams, 'Good Morning, Vietnam' Eric White Internet: white_at_titan.tsd.arlut.utexas.edu Applied Research Phone: (512) 835-3621 FAX: (512) 835-3416/3259 Laboratories Fedex: 10000 Burnet Road, Austin, Texas 78758-4423 University of Texas Postal: P.O. Box 8029, Austin, Texas 78713-8029