Re: Mac Client/Server

From: Richard Holowczak <holowczk_at_rwja.umdnj.edu>
Date: 8 Feb 93 15:08:33 GMT

ken.boff_at_business.gatech.edu (Ken Boff) writes:

>We're trying to set up a prototype configuration with a Macintosh
>as a client and a SUN as the server. Does anyone know what Oracle
>software is required on the Mac? Presumably, I need SQL*Net, but
>I'm not sure what else is required on the Mac.

     Do you want to run SQL*Forms or ReportWriter?  There is a Runform
     only package for the MAC as well as full Oracle Tools for the Mac.
     Aside from that, the SQL*Net and some type of communications protocol,
     (Most likely TCP/IP in your case) you're set.

Rich Holowczak               holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu
Rutgers University
Ph.D. Computers and Information Systems Program Received on Mon Feb 08 1993 - 16:08:33 CET

Original text of this message