Re: Mac Client/Server

From: Darrell Merrick <enterprise.rdd.lmsc.lockheed.com>
Date: 5 Feb 93 22:53:16 GMT

In article <83210_at_hydra.gatech.EDU>, ken.boff_at_business.gatech.edu (Ken Boff) writes:

> We're trying to set up a prototype configuration with a Macintosh
> as a client and a SUN as the server. Does anyone know what Oracle
> software is required on the Mac? Presumably, I need SQL*Net, but
> I'm not sure what else is required on the Mac.

All you need is SQL*Net. Make sure you get the TCP/IP version rather than the appletalk version. After installation, you connect to the Sun server using "connect {username}/{password}_at_T:{ip number of server}". Of course you'll probably want to create an alias for "_at_T:{ip number of server}".

-Darrell Merrick
 Lockheed Artificial Intelligence Center  merrick_at_titan.rdd.lmsc.lockheed.com Received on Fri Feb 05 1993 - 23:53:16 CET

Original text of this message