Re: Rollback segment space

From: Daniel Druker <ddruker_at_agsm.ucla.edu>
Date: 4 Feb 93 14:08:24 PST

In article <1993Feb3.194241.2549_at_netnews.whoi.edu> dhiltz_at_whsun1.wh.whoi.edu writes:
> Does the space from a rollback segement ever get reclaimed
> by Oracle?

In V6, rollback segments only grow, they never shrink. In Oracle7, you can define the optimal size for a rollback segment and it will shrink back to this size automatically if the extra space is not needed by ongoing transactions.

  • Dan

Daniel Druker
Anderson Graduate School of Management at UCLA

| Dan Druker                                                               |
| agsm mail 	: ddruker                                                  |
| internet 	: ddruker_at_agsm.ucla.edu                                    |
| oracle*mail	: unix:ddruker_at_agsm.ucla.edu                               |

Disclaimer: None. I'm a student now and I don't care what you think. Received on Thu Feb 04 1993 - 23:08:24 CET

Original text of this message