Pro*C Select count(*) into :Integer1 ...

From: <cs90djb_at_cen.ex.ac.uk>
Date: 3 Feb 93 16:21:20 GMT

Dear All,

I am using Pro*C for embedded SQL in my C program on SGI machines.

All works well apart from the code

EXEC SQL select count(*)

	into :Integer1
	from defnbox
	where function = :string1 and posx=:Integer4
	and posy = :Integer5;

When at RUN time I get ORA-00923 FROM keyword not found where expected

Q) WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS???? (personal scream). It seems

	to work ok if I am selecting any other column.. Is this
	bacause it some sort of pseudo column??

Any help gratefully received. (Suggestions etc)

E-mail replies would be helpful

Cheers

DJB

--

| WHO : David J Bennett | "I say what it occurs to me to say when |
| JANET : cs90djb_at_cen.ex.ac.uk | I think I hear people say things. More I |