Re: Oracle & Unix SYSVR4

From: Thierry Lach <curlie!thierry>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 93 21:27:49 EST

jrh_at_mustang.dell.com (Randy Howard) writes:

> gerrit_at_vtm.be writes:
> >Hi folks,

> >The other day we had a meeting with a salesperson of Oracle. I asked him
> >a question about the availability of Oracle on PC/Unix. He replied to me tha
> >a version exists but that it was intended to be used on SCO Unix.

> >Has anybody used it with other Unixes for PC and if your answer is true, did
> >you encounter any problems ?
>
> Oracle has a version that works on SVR4. The problem is, it seems as if only
> about 1/300 Oracle salespeople know about it. There is one, and if you
> complain loud enough to the right people, you can probably get a copy.
>
> --
> Randy Howard _o _at_'s: jrh_at_dell.com
> Dell Computer Corp. \<, !'s: ...!uunet!dellunix!jrh
>
> Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands,
> hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
> -- H. L. Mencken

I've seen that combination running on an NCR microchannel 486 (which reportedly had performance problems running SCO) and it performs quite well...

Thierry Lach                                curlie!thierry_at_sycom.mi.org
#include "std.disclaimer"
"Sufficiently superior technology is indistingushable from magic" Received on Tue Feb 02 1993 - 03:27:49 CET

Original text of this message