Re: Oracle & Unix SYSVR4

From: Randy Howard <jrh_at_mustang.dell.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1993 16:44:31 GMT

gerrit_at_vtm.be writes:
>Hi folks,

>The other day we had a meeting with a salesperson of Oracle. I asked him
>a question about the availability of Oracle on PC/Unix. He replied to me that
>a version exists but that it was intended to be used on SCO Unix.

>Has anybody used it with other Unixes for PC and if your answer is true, did
>you encounter any problems ?

Oracle has a version that works on SVR4. The problem is, it seems as if only about 1/300 Oracle salespeople know about it. There is one, and if you complain loud enough to the right people, you can probably get a copy.

--
Randy Howard            _o	    _at_'s: jrh_at_dell.com
Dell Computer Corp.     \<,	    !'s: ...!uunet!dellunix!jrh

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands,
hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H. L. Mencken