Re: Q: Using SUN(Oracle-SQL server) ans PC as client(FoxPro or other)

From: Vict Romanchuk <rom_at_lvs.msk.su>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 93 19:46:00 +0200

Hi,

> Has anybody set up SQL system using Sun (Oracle - SQL server) and PC(SQL
> client)? PC can be connected with Netware.

I've heard about Sun/NW connectivity, but I'm not sure if Oracle provides SQL*Net SPX for Sun platforms

>From the other hand, you may build a TCP/IP-SPX/IPX gateway between Sun and
Oracle Server for NW using appropriate SQL*Net drivers...

> On PC, we like to use FoxPro generated Application to access SQL server.
> Is it possible?

I think yes. Somewhere in the US there is a company which ships such software product (i.e. intermediary between Fox and Oracle). If you are still interesting in this problem, please, contact me by email - I'll give you this address.

===
Vict Romanchuk,
Technical Consultant of the LVS Corp., Moscow email: rom_at_lvs.msk.su Received on Mon Feb 01 1993 - 18:46:00 CET

Original text of this message