Re: MAC/VAX Client/Server GUI to Oracle7

From: Mark W. Eaton <eaton_at_pacersoft.com>
Date: 30 Jan 93 00:26:25 GMT

In article <1993Jan28.165847.1_at_ocvaxc.cc.oberlin.edu>, bamon_at_ocvaxc.cc.oberlin.edu wrote:

> I know this was mentioned just a couple of weeks ago, and I'm sorry, but
> I didn't save the information.
>
> I'm looking for alternatives to SQL*Forms v4, for a MAC/VAX client/server
> GUI user interface to an Oracle7 database. We will be using SQL*Forms v4
> for many things, but are beginning to think that maybe we should look at
> some of the third-party products for the GUI client/server tool. All
> recommendations, both pro and con will be welcomed.

The 1.3.6 or above DAL VAX/VMS server from Apple Computer supports Oracle 7, I
believe. This would allow you to use any DAL aware application (or roll your own) from the Macintosh to access Oracle information.

Mark W. Eaton
Pacer Software, Inc.
eaton_at_pacersoft.com

Disclaimer: I work for Pacer Software, Inc. and develop Unix-based AppleTalk and DAL products Received on Sat Jan 30 1993 - 01:26:25 CET

Original text of this message