Gateway to Datacom DB on IBM mainframes

From: Eduardo Krell <ekrell_at_fundch.fundch.cl>
Date: 28 Jan 1993 12:41:17 -0300

Hi,
  I am looking for any information on products from either Sybase or Oracle or some third party vendor to integrate their RDBMS (Sybase or Oracle) running on Unix platforms with an IBM mainframe (9021-500) running:

MVS/XA 2.2
CICS 1.70
VTAM 3.3
DATACOM 8.0   I need to be able to read and write from the Datacom DB on the mainframe (as well as from VSAM files) as transparently as possible. Ideally, these will look just like another Sybase/Oracle DB.

  I know a little bit about Open Server for CICS and Open Gateway for DB2 from Sybase and SQL*Connect from Oracle. However, I need a gateway for Datacom, not DB2. If there are no such products available on the market, I would like to get an idea of what's involved in writing such a thing...

  Please respond directly to me and I will summarize.

--
Eduardo Krell
Fundacion Chile			ekrell_at_fundch.fundch.cl