Does Oracle installation require C compiler

From: Ray Bartho <bartho_at_cc.und.ac.za>
Date: 28 Jan 93 14:44:00 GMT

Can Oracle be installed on a Unix system that does not have the C Development kit ? I seem to remember that it asks whether Oracle should be reconfigured during the installation process, especially when installing the TPO option.

We have previously installed on systems with the C compiler and libraries, but are considering an HP 725 system with no C compiler for Oracle / SQL teaching purposes.

Ray Bartho                              Phone    : (031) 816-2468
I.T. Consultant                         FAX      : (031) 816-2125
University of Natal                     Internet : bartho_at_cc.und.ac.za
Durban
Rep of South Africa Received on Thu Jan 28 1993 - 15:44:00 CET

Original text of this message