Commit and ANSI SQL

From: Martin Jarvis <smj_at_jbecpor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1993 09:51:52 +0000

I've just had a discussion with some colleagues about the use of Commit in Oracle. In particular that a commit will save _all_ outstanding changes. My boss seems to think that other databases allow concurrent transactions, thereby allowing individual changes to be saved separately.

What does the ANSI standard for SQL say about this ?

 Martin Jarvis                 | Internet - smj_at_jbecpor.demon.co.uk
 John Brown E & C Ltd          |    X.400 - Martin Jarvis /JBEC-Portsmouth, IT
 Portsmouth, England           |