Re: Database files

From: Daniel Druker <ddruker_at_agsm.ucla.edu>
Date: 26 Jan 93 23:05:04 PST

In article <1894_at_rwja.umdnj.edu> holowczk_at_rwja.umdnj.edu (Richard Holowczak) writes:
>jbaker_at_moby.micro.umn.edu (Jeffrey J Baker) writes:
>
>>The company I work for has been thinking about moving their Oracle development
>>system from a RISC platform to one running OS/2. I know that there will be no
>>problem reloading the existing forms, but what I am wondering about is whether
>>or not the existing database files (dbs*.dbf) can be copied directly over to
>>the new system. Has anyone had experience with this procedure? Are there other
>>problems with doing this that I am not taking into consideration?
>>Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

>>Jeff
>>jbaker_at_cs.umn.edu

They are definitely NOT compatible. Use export/import, which can create and read portable files that include database schema and data.

  • Dan

Daniel Druker
Anderson Graduate School of Management at UCLA

| Dan Druker                                                               |
| agsm mail 	: ddruker                                                  |
| internet 	: ddruker_at_agsm.ucla.edu                                    |
| oracle*mail	: unix:ddruker_at_agsm.ucla.edu                               |

Disclaimer: None. I'm a student now and I don't care what you think. Received on Wed Jan 27 1993 - 08:05:04 CET

Original text of this message