CASE*Designer and MIT's X11 on SPARC

From: Tony Jambu <aaj_at_cmutual.com.au>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1993 05:32:11 GMT

Does anyone know the direction ORACLE is taking with CASE*Designer with regards to the windowing system? At the moment CASE*Designer is able to run against MIT's X11 (XR4) .

This posting is a result of a release documentation for patch 4 against V6.0.36. In section 2.2 titled CASE*Designer, it says

'Please note: CASE*Designer is no longer supported with MIT version X11. STarting from next patch release, CASE*Designer will not be supported with OpenWindows 2.0/2.5 libraries. It will only be supported with OpenWindows 3.0.'

What does this mean? If I have an ICL DRS 6000 (SPARC), do I have to go out and get Sun's windowing system? Excuse me if I am not making too much sense as I am not a window expert. I have approach ORACLE Support and I have not got a satifactory answer from then as they thenselve are not too sure what it means.

Any infor is much appreciated.

Environment:

Machine         : SUN Sparc compatible
O/S             : SUN OS 4.1.2
RDBMS           : RDBMS 6.0.36
Windowing system: MIT X11
Window Manager  : MOTIF

--
 _____       ________ / ____ |Tony Jambu, Database Administrator
  /_  __       /_ __ /       |Colonial Mutual Invest Mgmt Aust (ACN 004021809)