Re: Q: How to convert *.msg to *.msb

From: Stephane Hamel <shamel_at_mais.hydro.qc.ca>
Date: 25 Jan 93 16:50:00 GMT

adn_at_kaija.spb.su (ADN communication group) writes:

>I have Oracle 6 but message files was distributed in source form
>as *.msg file.
>Does anyone know how to convert these files to Oracle MSB binary
>format?
>--
>Nick Maximov
>St. Petersburg, Russia

I had a similar problem a couple of months ago. I wanted to translate into french only a couple of messages without using the complete French message file. I modified the iapus.msg file, but to "compile" it into iapus.msb, you need the program called "lmsgen"... wich is not part of the distribution...

I asked Oracle about that program and finally put an hand on it... The lmsgen program was distributed with previous versions of Oracle, but not anymore (I seriously wonder why).

Hope this help...

--
 Stephane Hamel (SHamel_at_Mais.Hydro.Qc.Ca) | AutoControl Inc.
 Senior Programmer-Analyst                | Montreal, Quebec, Canada