Re: Export/Import to tape?

From: Kent Palm <kpalm_at_doc.qualcomm.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1993 13:35:22 GMT

I have been using the compression technique for about 9 months now, and have not experienced any problems whatsoever. I use it everynight to export/import a subset of tables from one tablespace to another, which eventually leads to defragmenting tablespaces. I have exercised this technique thoroughly. Once a tablespace contains no objects, I drop it, recreate it, and then populate it again using this method. Before doing this work though, I always do a full database export to tape without compression. All of this work is done automatically with the nightly exports (with the exception of dropping and recreating the tablespace).

Kent Received on Mon Jan 25 1993 - 14:35:22 CET

Original text of this message