Re: State of tools for Oracle7

From: Keith Majkut <kmajkut_at_netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1993 05:02:38 GMT

In article <SBCHANIN.93Jan21101553_at_raisin-nut.ai.mit.edu> sbchanin_at_ai.mit.edu writes:
>To run oracle 7 on hp or sun, will I need new versions of Pro*C, OCI,
>or ReportWriter? I would think that Pro*C 1.4 and ReportWriter would
>be capable of connecting to either an Oracle 6 or an Oracle 7
>database, but I'm not sure.
>
>Thanks for any info,
>Steve
>--
>DOMAIN: sbchanin_at_ai.mit.edu Steven Chanin

The tools will work fine against either V6 or V7. Since they were developed primarily for V6 you can not make use of the new V7 features and/or datatypes( I know that's true for SRW 1.1, but I think FORMS 3.0 has some stored procedure support). You'll have to wait for the next generation of tools for full V7 support(SRW 2.0, FORMS 4.0, etc).

--
| Keith Majkut                                             |kmajkut_at_netcom.com|