Re: Oracle Dynamic Performance views questions

From: Aniruddha Kortikar <kortikar_at_mipos2.intel.com>
Date: 21 Jan 93 17:34:33 GMT

In article <562_at_cmutual.com.au> btc_at_cmutual.com.au (Tony Cook) writes:
>Does anyone know what the values for the column 'command' in the view
>v$session actually mean ?

	This is what I could get by actually typing commands and querying
	somebody might want to add to this list other commands and post them

	1	: create table
	3 	: Insert
	6 	: Update
 	7 	: delete
	9	: create index
	10	: drop index
	12 	: drop table
	13	: create sequence
	14	: alter sequence
	15 	: Alter table
	16	: drop sequence
	17 	: grant connect,resource
	18 	: revoke connect,resource
	19	: create synonym
	20	: drop synonym
	44	: while granting connect, update (interim lock - DDL Lock ?)

>v$lock view shows who is holding locks, what type etc. but how do you find out
>WHAT is locked ? I suspect you must follow the ADDR column somewhere.
>i.e. PID 7 is holding a parse lock on a table, but which table?

        v$lock has pid v$acess also has pid (and tablename too!)

Aniruddha Kortikar (kortikar_at_mipos2.intel.com)

E-mail : kortikar_at_mipos2.intel.com | A billion here, a billion there ... Phone(W): 408 765 5515 | pretty soon it adds upto real big money