Re: FAQ: Does passwd length vary on different platforms?

From: Sanjeev.Agrawal <sanju_at_churchill.ColumbiaSC.NCR.COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 93 20:24:27 GMT

In article <1993Jan19.173354.6009_at_clarify.com>, frank_at_clarify.com (Frank H. Lai) writes:
|> It may be a FAQ. Sorry if I ask a trivial question.
|> Since I took over a Oracle project recently, people were asking about
|> the length of the passwd of a Oracle account. I tried it out on Sparc and
|> it was 30 characters. However, I can not say it is 30 characters of all
|> the platforms that Oracle supports. Does anyone know about this?
|> Where usually do people find the limitation of Oracle's product?
|>
|> Please forgive a beginner's ignorance!!
|>
|> Frank
|> frank_at_clarify.com
|> 408-428-4028

As far as my understanding goes this is 30 chars and is independent of platforms as it is stored in Oracle data dictionary. And for that matter except database names all Oracle objects can be upto 30 chars.

Hope it helps !

Sanjeev Received on Thu Jan 21 1993 - 21:24:27 CET

Original text of this message