Re: Windows and Oracle access.

From: Joel Garry <tumidity_at_netlink.cts.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 93 14:25:21 PST

skanga_at_us.oracle.com (Shiraz Kanga) writes:

> In article <1856_at_rwja.umdnj.edu> holowczk_at_rwja.umdnj.edu (Richard Holowczak)
> >patrick_at_casbs.Stanford.EDU (Patrick Goebel) writes:
> >
> >>A related question:
> >

> >>Question: when using these access products (in conjunction with
> >>SQL*Net I take it) do the Forms that have been developed on the Sun
> >>(under UNIX) have to be rewritten for use under the Mac and PC
> >>environments? Or do they port over in some simple fashion?

I just saw a demo of Reportwriter 2.0. It was really cool. I think they said it should be out by May. The neat thing is, you can use the executables on any machine. Apparantly they use some sort of virtual machine. I can't imagine that it would be the most efficient on all machines, but that's portability for you. It's like a combination of .inp and .frm files.

--
INTERNET: tumidity_at_netlink.cts.com (Joel Garry) UUCP: ...!ryptyde!netlink!tumidity
NetLink Online Communications * Public Access in San Diego, CA (619) 453-1115 Received on Thu Jan 21 1993 - 23:25:21 CET

Original text of this message