Re: EDIT_FIELD(QUERY)

From: <kuismin_at_ntc01.tele.nokia.fi>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1993 07:44:27 GMT

In article <830.204.uupcb_at_uunet!sqlware>, kevin.bongiovanni_at_uunet!sqlware (Kevin Bongiovanni) writes:
> Does anybody have any good advice or triggers to allow a user to view
> but not change a text (long) data type. Edit_Field works find but it
> allows the user to edit the field. I need the user only to view it.
> Thanks
>
> ----

You can use Edit_Field trigger, if you define the field as No-Update.
In that case Oracle gives a message, which is something like
'Cannot update.  Press PF3 to exit...'.
You can ignore the message by definin size and place of the
Edit_Field window so, that it covers the message line.

Hope this helps...
Mikko Kuismin