Re: Windows and Oracle access.

From: Kenneth Melcher <kmelcher_at_rafael.Arco.COM>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1993 16:13:22 GMT

In article 93Jan15112314_at_delphi.Stanford.EDU, patrick_at_casbs.Stanford.EDU (Patrick Goebel) writes:
>Question: when using these access products (in conjunction with
>SQL*Net I take it) do the Forms that have been developed on the Sun
>(under UNIX) have to be rewritten for use under the Mac and PC
>environments? Or do they port over in some simple fashion?

No rewriting is necessary when porting Forms from one OS to another, provided there are no OS-specific user-exits in the form. In order to run your unix-developed forms under Windows 3.x, simply copy the .inp file over to DOS and do an IAG30 in DOS to regenerate the .frm file. This .frm file can then be used in either DOS character mode or under Windows 3.x using the WIndows version of FOrms (released in the 9/92 timeframe). You must have SQL*net on the client PC.

KM Received on Mon Jan 18 1993 - 17:13:22 CET

Original text of this message