Re: Windows and Oracle access.

From: Patrick Goebel <patrick_at_casbs.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1993 19:23:14 GMT

A related question:

We run an Oracle RDBMS (v6.0.33) on a Sun. Users on Macs and PCs currently access our Oracle Forms by logging into the Sun as a VT100 terminal. It sounds like there exist products out there (e.g. Oracle*Card) that allow PC and Mac users to access data on the Sun using an interface with the look and feel of their native personal computer environment.

Question: when using these access products (in conjunction with SQL*Net I take it) do the Forms that have been developed on the Sun (under UNIX) have to be rewritten for use under the Mac and PC environments? Or do they port over in some simple fashion?

--
Patrick Goebel                    E-MAIL: patrick_at_casbs.Stanford.EDU
Network Administrator             VOICE:  (415) 321-2052