Need xterm Terminal Config for Dell Box under Dell Unix SysVR4

From: E. Drew Einhorn <einhorn_d_at_apsicc.aps.edu>
Date: 15 Jan 1993 11:14 MST

Arghh!! Somebody either at Dell or Oracle should have one of these. But I haven't been able to find anyone at Dell or Oracle Tech Support with a simple solution, much less a ready made file.

If all else fails, does anyone have a simple procedure for modifying one of the existing terminal definitions that oracle distributes. Would be nice if there was a utility which would display a series of logical key names then ask you to press a physical key to associate it with the logical key.

Otherwise I have to puzzle my way thru the Oracle*Terminal manual which at first glance seems to be a bit more obscure than the usual oracle manual. Then I have to figure out how to run the stupid forms based utility without a decent terminal definition for my hardware. But first I have to figure out the escape sequences generated by the various keys on my keyboard.

Sounds like a real pain.

Hoping for an easy solution
einhorn_d_at_apsicc.aps.edu Received on Fri Jan 15 1993 - 19:14:00 CET

Original text of this message