Re: A Question re Setting Up Accounts Receivable

From: Joel Garry <tumidity_at_netlink.cts.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 93 14:04:49 PST

ummalik_at_ccu.umanitoba.ca (Ijaz Rashid Malik) writes:

> Hello,
> I have a task at hand; to set up an accounts receivable system and link it
> to an existing G.L. I have no idea what kind of issue are involved when it
> comes to design of an Accounts Receivable system. I mean what kind of
> information is worth capturing, what kind of reports should be generated, etc
> etc. I know every system has its individual needs but there are some common
> grounds in every such system. So I would appreciate some guidance on it.
>
> Thanks for your help in advance.
>
> regards,
> Malik.
>
> p.s. Could you list any good book(s) dealing with this issue and its design
> details. No database book that I have come accross with discuss it.

Well. You don't want a database book, you want an accounting book. Also, there is a GREAT deal of variance between A/R systems. For example, one system I worked on needed to tie in with payables. Perhaps you should get the promo material from the large software houses. They usually list what reports are generated, and often show what is on the reports. You can work backwards from there to figure out what input and processing you need. That's what I did. It kept me employed for five years. Your question is really too broad. What do are you really trying to figure out?

--
INTERNET: tumidity_at_netlink.cts.com (Joel Garry) UUCP: ...!ryptyde!netlink!tumidity
NetLink Online Communications * Public Access in San Diego, CA (619) 453-1115 Received on Fri Jan 15 1993 - 23:04:49 CET

Original text of this message