Re: Using and RDBMS for scientific apps?

From: <rapatz_at_sscvx1.ssc.gov>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1993 21:54:00 GMT

In article <1992Dec16.120505.15956_at_newstand.syr.edu>, podgorny_at_npac.syr.edu (Marek Podgorny) writes:

> We are considering use of the Oracle RDBMS as database engine
> for scientific applications (Earth science, physics). I would
> appreciate any pointers to similar work, completed or in progress.
> Oracle not essential, relational technology yes.
>
> Marek Podgorny, NPAC, Syracuse University

We are in the process of developing a RDBMS application for a surveying engineering application. We have an application in operation in FoxPro where data from electronic field computers are processed/parsed into relational database tables. We are nearing completion in development efforts in a similar application using ORACLE where PRO*C/FORTRAN, PL/SQL, ReportWriter, SQL*MEnu and Forms are used.

Swee Leng Rapatz, John E. Chance and Associates, Dallas, Texas     Received on Fri Jan 15 1993 - 22:54:00 CET

Original text of this message