Applications faulting under VMS

From: Bob Comarow <bbs-comarow_at_jwt.UUCP>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1993 14:12:26 GMT

We have some applications that are faulting badly. The SGAs are huge, the working sets are huge (wsdef=4096, quota2, 12300 and wsex=24000) the oracle processes have huge working sets.

Yet, the applications are faulting badly.

It looks to a VMS person that arrays are being indexed incorrectly. However, I'm told by the developers no arrays are being accessed.

What are some ways of analyzing the faulting?

What are some possible causes /solutions?

Much thanks.

Please send mail to
comarow_at_js-jtf.af.mil

or
comarow_at_eisner.decus.org

Bob Grumman Joint Stars Received on Wed Jan 13 1993 - 15:12:26 CET

Original text of this message