QUESTION: Modeling problem using ERWIN/SQL

From: Gilbert Garcia <ggarcia_at_mipos2.intel.com>
Date: 13 Jan 93 01:34:01 GMT

Hello ERWIN/SQL users,

I'm wondering if anyone would know if ERWIN/SQL supports this modeling problem:

Suppose I have a table called CARD. One of the attributes in CARD is a field called CARD_TYPE. Another table exists called CARD_DEVICE which given a CARD_TYPE, there exists a corresponding DEVICE_TYPE. So far this is what I have:

CARD                   CARD_DEVICE
card_id                card_type
card_type              device_type

Now suppose I want to create subtypes of CARD and use DEVICE_TYPE as the discriminator. Does ERWIN/SQL allow me to do so?? If so, how?!?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, in advance,

Gilbert H. Garcia Received on Wed Jan 13 1993 - 02:34:01 CET

Original text of this message