Help needed: Simple Forms V3 Qns.

From: <ajmex_at_brt.deakin.edu.au>
Date: 11 Jan 93 23:02:48 EST

I have been away from Oracle for a couple of years, and have a few questions relating to SQL*Forms V3 .

  1. How do you disable key triggers? In V2 you just defined them with text of "#EXEMACRO NULL", but I cant find an equivalent in V3 .
  2. I want a screen to set off a background process that runs a SQL*Plus routine. How do I run this under the same User/Passwd?
  3. In PL/SQL, if a SQL statement returns no rows, this is interpreted as an error, and the exception handler is invoked. Is there no way to continue processing at this point? Not all cases of "No rows found" are errors, in my book. Not fatal errors, in any case.

Thanks for any help given. E-mail prefered. Alister Miller. Received on Tue Jan 12 1993 - 05:02:48 CET

Original text of this message