Oracle on Unisys A Series (MCP)??

From: Seth Grimes <sethg_at_dcatlas.dot.gov>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1993 08:19:07 GMT

We have a Unisys A Series mainframe, mcp operating system, where I work. We have extensive in-house applications written to use Unisys's DMS-II DBMS that we'd like to modernize to an "open" data management system. One could run Oracle on the Unisys and on other platforms under other OSes and gradually migrate DBs off the Unisys elsewhere. So my question is, Is anyone out there running Oracle on the Unisys and willing to share some experiences (from yes, it runs fine to details)?

Thanks,

                        Seth Grimes, grimes_at_oecd.fr