Create database problems on SUN OS

From: Kenneth Melcher <kmelcher_at_rafael.Arco.COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1993 17:26:38 GMT

I am attempting to manually cerate a databse on Sun OS 4.1.1;

The create database statement works fine, but when I attempt to _at_catalog.sql to build the catalog, the database hangs after several of the views, synonyms, etc are cerated. By "hangs" I mean that the xterm window running catalog.sql is frozen, and I am unable to connect to the database from window via sql*plus. I can connect internal from another window via sql*dba, but any attempt to select anything just locks up the window.

I have tried this now five different times changing parameters in init.ora as I go, still to no avail.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Ken Melcher Received on Mon Jan 04 1993 - 18:26:38 CET

Original text of this message