Re: ora6win.dll causing program to bomb (patches?)

From: Wong Fay Yu <spcsup_at_solomon.technet.sg>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1992 09:49:35 GMT

Invek Serif (kelfink_at_ecst.csuchico.edu) wrote:

: Hello,

: Our company is working on a database project which links
: Powersoft's PowerBuilder 2.0 (a windows product) with Oracle 6.0
: running on a PC through a Novell net.

: Our customers are experiencing several problems in the ora6win.dll
: ( General Protection Faults ) which we are unable to trace to anything in
: our code.

: Does anyone know what the current version / file-date / file-size should
: be for the latest ora6win.dll ? We believe the problem may lie in this
: section.

: Note that the problem may also lie in the connection between this DLL and
: the UNIX network it runs on.

: old file:
: ora6win.dll 260,061
: new file:
: ora6win.dll 235,757

: Now, the newest DLL runs in Enhanced mode, whereas the old DLL ran only
: in Enhanced mode if the accompanying network was UNIX, and not Novell.

: If anyone knows whether a new-new DLL exists with fixes, please let us know.
: We do not (unfortunately) have Oracle support ourselves.

: Thanks in advance,

        Kevin Fries

Hi, my colleague uses PowerBuilder/Oracle 6.0 and gave this info:

ora6win.dll
file date: Apr 13 92
version: 6.0.34.2.0
file size: 285573 bytes.

Hope this would be of help.

Cheerio! :-} Received on Fri Dec 18 1992 - 10:49:35 CET

Original text of this message