Question about LONG-fields

From: Tor Holgersen <torholg_at_flipper.pvv.unit.no>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 92 10:46:47 GMT

I've got two questions about LONG fields:

  1. Is it possible to copy a long field from one table into another? Example:
 	UPDATE TABLE1 SET TABLE1.LONGFIELD =
		( SELECT TABLE2.LONGFIELD FROM TABLE2
		  WHERE TABLE1.KEY = TABLE2.KEY )

--> ORA-00997 Illegal use of LONG datatype.
b) Is it possible to display a long field with more than one line in an SQL*FORMS30 form? The pop-up editor is not what I want, because it is dynamic, has to be shown and removed. I want several static lines shown.

Please respond directly to me by e-mail.

Thanks in advance !

  • Tor Holgersen <torholg_at_pvv.unit.no>