Re: Need advice on accessing Oracle on a Sun LAN from a Novell LAN

From: Bailey Bob <p228_at_uni05.larc.nasa.gov>
Date: 16 Dec 1992 21:54:44 GMT

In article <1992Dec16.180228.16213_at_cs.odu.edu> aiko_at_opium.cs.odu.edu (John K Hayes) writes:

>A friend of mine is trying to figure out how to make an Oracle database
>located on a Sun sparc (running SunOS with windows) accessible from nodes on a
>The main problem is: how does he connect the Sun LAN to the Novell LAN
>for Oracle communication. I think Novell talks with IPX packets - would
>he need some sort of IPX adapter? I'm sure Oracle will run in both the
>Sun and Novell environments - what packages does he need to connect them?
>He said something about SQL*Net with SQL*Star for connecting - I don't
>know what SQL*Star is....
>
>Any ideas on the hardware needed and software needed? Thanks.

I'm not sure about the hardware, but at our site, run Novell on the PCs with the Novell TCP/IP support. This allows us to run our ethernet and have access to both the Novell server and to also access any of several DEC/Oracle servers. Received on Wed Dec 16 1992 - 22:54:44 CET

Original text of this message