Re: Oracle's 'Working...' Message - Can it be simulated?

From: Ken Cameron <kcameron_at_erc.cat.syr.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 92 09:35:59 EST

In article <77875_at_hydra.gatech.EDU> iadt3mk_at_prism.gatech.EDU (Michael Kustermann) writes:
>Has anyone ever tried to simulate the Oracle message 'Working...' which
>is automatically displayed when committing a transaction (on a form)?
>(Deleted...)
>Thank you for suggestions.
>--
>Michael Kustermann | Der Vogel kaempft sich aus dem Ei.
>Georgia Institute of Tech.| Das Ei ist die Welt.
>Atlanta, GA 30332 | Wer geboren werden will muss eine Welt zerstoeren.
>iadt3mk_at_prism.gatech.edu | Der Vogel fliegt zu Gott. Gott ist Abraxas.

In almost all the forms I build I create a block called special. It is not a database table and it hold special fields. Like a one liner at the bottom of each page. I use it for messages. The user will not have to ack them and I can use it to test what my last message was. So to display something I do:
:special.pg1message := 'test text';
It works ok but you may have to do things like go_block and go_page to flush it to display.

--
-ken cameron. SkyDiver: Zoo-602, A-8596, D-11839. Skier.
Employer: Computer Task Group.  /cny UNIX Users Group Director.