Funcky master-detail ?

From: Stephen Schow <sjs_at_netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1992 21:15:52 GMT

I need to implement a form that is a little different and I am wondering how to do with SQL*FORMS. It has a master-detail relationship on it, which is easy enough, but not the way I need to put the details. In this example there will never be more than 2 detail records for a given master. But down the page, I need to see part of record 1 then part of record2 then the other part of rec and then rec2. like this.....

+--------------------------------+

                       |                                |
                       |          Master Block          |
                       |                                |

+--------------------------------+

+--------------------------------+
Scrolling | Record 1 Field A | | Record 2 Field A |

Scrolling | Record 1 Field B | | Record 2 Field B |

NOTE - I imagine I could just set up 2 parallel detail blocks which just show different views of the same table. The problem is making sure that as one detail block updates information in the table, or even just in the block, that record needs to be refreshed in the other detail block.

This may be straightforward, but I am fairly new to Oracle, so I am still getting used to how to use triggers to accomplish these types of things. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Steve Schow    | But you don't have to use the claw, if you
sjs_at_netcom.com | pick the pear with the big paw paw......
(415) 354-4908 | Have I given you a clue......?