Problem with DATE fields under FORMS3.0 when Language FRENCH

From: Claude Bourasseau - CICB Rennes 99.84.71.24 <bourasse_at_cicb.fr>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1992 15:07:10 GMT

Since the beginning of this month (December), i can't use a form (runform30) when my LANGUAGE environment variable is French_France.WE8DEC or French_France.US7ASCII.

The form has a block including a date-type field which is automatically set the SYSDATE system variable, with a PRE-UPDATE trigger :

select sysdate into :block.date-field from dual;

When i try to update a record, in a block of the form, the following error raises :

FRM-50011: Le nom du mois n'est pas correct.

The SQL*Forms Designer's Reference Manual Version 3.0 says :

FRM-50011: Not a valid month name.

   Cause: You entered an invalid month name in a date.

Of course, everything is OK with American_America.US7ASCII but most of the users at my company, don't understand english !

I really need to offer them French language (no matter for WE8DEC or US7ASCII set characters).

Who can help me ?

Thanks.

PS: My context : SUN 4/690 platform under SunOS 4.1.2 , Oracle RDBMS 6.0.33

     SQL*Forms 3.0.16.7.1

Claude Bourasseau      CICB Campus de Beaulieu   35042 Rennes Cedex  FRANCE
Tel: +33 99 84 71 24   Fax: +33 99 84 71 11      E-mail: bourasse_at_cicb.fr