Re: Call one form from another (SQLFORMS)

From: Prateek Dwivedi <teek_at_flight.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1992 21:41:08 GMT

In article <1992Dec10.081049.1_at_ntc02.tele.nokia.fi> kuismin_at_ntc02.tele.nokia.fi writes:

>In article <1992Dec9.150558.16060_at_cbfsb.cb.att.com>, colten_at_cbnewsb.cb.att.com (marc.colten) writes:

>> I need to link two different forms that use the same keywords.
>> That is, if a user enters "XXX" in a certain field, I want to
>> call another form using XXX as a key. I know I can use CALL
>> to bring up another form, but I don't want the form to come up
>> blank. If the user enters XXX is there a way to bring that value
>> to a particular key field in the next form and run the execute
>> so the right values come up automatically?

A variation on this is:
A user double clicks on a field of a record (let's say the first field)... and I want to bring up another form whose first block is based on the same database as that record. Now when this form comes up the first block should show the record that was just clicked.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

--
Teek (Prateek Dwivedi)                  teek_at_kingcong.uwaterloo.ca
Research Assistant                      pdwivedi_at_systems.watstar.uwaterloo.ca