Re: Call one form from another (SQLFORMS)

From: marc.colten <colten_at_cbnewsb.cb.att.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1992 19:46:40 GMT

In article <1992Dec9.152020.29920_at_cas.org>, kmt26_at_cas.org () writes:
> In article <1992Dec9.150558.16060_at_cbfsb.cb.att.com> colten_at_cbnewsb.cb.att.com (marc.colten) writes:
> >

> >I need to link two different forms that use the same keywords.
> >That is, if a user enters "XXX" in a certain field, I want to
> >call another form using XXX as a key. I know I can use CALL
> >to bring up another form, but I don't want the form to come up
> >blank. If the user enters XXX is there a way to bring that value
> >to a particular key field in the next form and run the execute
> >so the right values come up automatically?
>
> I believe you have to set a Global variable in the calling form then
> reference that same Global variable in the called form.
>
> e.g., Calling form. if (:block.field = 'XXX') then
> :GLOBAL.variable := :block.field;
> CALL('form2');
> end if;
>
> Called form. :block.field = :GLOBAL.variable.
>

> >thanks in advance
> >
> >marc colten
> >
> Hope this helps.
>
> Kevin Toepke

This was suggested to me by someone else, but theres something missing. If I use the retrieve the global in the called form before ENTER_QUERY or EXECUTE_QUERY the called form acts as if I've started an input and rejects the query. If I do either of those statements before the retrieval, the first record in the database is retrieved and the *updated* with the new value. Tried several combinations and nothing has worked.

marc colten Received on Wed Dec 09 1992 - 20:46:40 CET

Original text of this message