Re: Call one form from another (SQLFORMS)

From: <kmt26_at_cas.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1992 15:20:20 GMT

In article <1992Dec9.150558.16060_at_cbfsb.cb.att.com> colten_at_cbnewsb.cb.att.com (marc.colten) writes:

>I need to link two different forms that use the same keywords.
>That is, if a user enters "XXX" in a certain field, I want to
>call another form using XXX as a key. I know I can use CALL
>to bring up another form, but I don't want the form to come up
>blank. If the user enters XXX is there a way to bring that value
>to a particular key field in the next form and run the execute
>so the right values come up automatically?

I believe you have to set a Global variable in the calling form then reference that same Global variable in the called form.

e.g., Calling form. if (:block.field = 'XXX') then

			 :GLOBAL.variable := :block.field;
			 CALL('form2');
		     end if;

      Called form.   :block.field = :GLOBAL.variable.

>thanks in advance
>
>marc colten

Hope this helps.

Kevin Toepke Received on Wed Dec 09 1992 - 16:20:20 CET

Original text of this message