Re: can't GRANT access to another's objects as DBA - ?

From: Joel Fedorko <jfedorko_at_ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1992 15:28:33 GMT

>>>Does this mean that only the OWNER can grant access? and that the
>>>DBA can do everything else but? Seems a bit silly. Or is it a
>>>"feature" of the 6.0.34 release?

It's a feature, the idea is that the owner of the data has control over who see's it, and that the owner is not necessarily someone with dba privs. The owner can bestow that right to the dba or whoever using the "with grant option". It works the same way in Oracle7 too.

-Joel

--
Joel Fedorko                         Remember Bit Hopper,
Consultant                     You must become one with the machine.