DAL, Unix and Oracle used with Mac's & Windows

From: Phillip Jones <phillip_at_kraken.itc.gu.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 92 23:55:08 GMT

Hello Database Guru's,

I am after a bit of professional advice with regards to using Windows and Macintosh interfaces with DAL. I would particularly like to hear from anyone who has successfully/unsuccessfully used the following:-

MAC or <--------> DAL <--------> UNIX <--------> Oracle

Windows

Currently we are running terminals from our Sun system for users of our Oracle database.
The biggest complaint from users is the User Interface. We have decided that a GUI would be nice, and using the many Mac and PC machines here at the university would be ideal.
I need details of the procedures involved in getting DAL to interact with the Graphical machines and Oracle.
In particular I would like to hear from someone who has used Omnis 7 on Mac's to interact with Oracle on a Unix platform.

Thanks in advance for all the excellent replies,

Phill

Phillip Jones BCS (Bond)
P.A.Jones_at_gu.edu.au
Assistant Systems Programmer