Re: FORMS 3x attribute control

From: Ian Dixon <idixon_at_infocom.UUCP>
Date: 2 Dec 92 21:32:11 GMT

fgreene_at_hayes.com wrote:

> Is there any convenient way to gain control over display attributes
> for a field in FORMS 3x? Color, reverse video, blink, etc. I can use
> trigger driven messages, pop-up windows and bells but would like to be able
> to change the color of specific fields to really catch the attention of
> my users.

Try using DISPLAY_FIELD. I'm not at work at the moment so dont have the documentation but I've used this to set some fields to display as if they are boilerplate text.
You'll probably also have to get to grips with ORATERM as well so that you can get the effects that you want. I dont know what machine you're using but the 6.00A release of the toolset for the PC documents the different effects that are available.

Hope this helps

Regards
Ian

email : idixon_at_infocom.co.uk Received on Wed Dec 02 1992 - 22:32:11 CET

Original text of this message